Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

 

Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer. Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas which

can kill victims by starving the body of oxygen. Pregnant women, children, elderly and

anybody  with respiratory problems are particularly at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The symptoms from Carbon Monoxide poisoning are similar to those of the flu.

 

If you regularly suffer from these symptoms and have gas appliances in your home you should

have them tested by a  Gas Safe Registered engineer,  and ask your doctor for a blood or a

breath test for carbon monoxide.  You can be treated by your doctor and have carbon monoxide

removed from your blood stream.

 

Never use gas appliances if you think that they are not working properly.

Signs to look for on boilers, fires and cookers are :

     

Yellow or orange flames

 

(excluding some fuel-effect fires which display this colour of flame effect)

Soot or stains around the appliance.

Pilot lights that constantly blow out.

Smell of fumes entering property.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This type of flame causes carbon monoxide and can kill.             This is a good flame

                                    

 

Approved CO detectors are strongly recommended, although this must NOT be used as a substitute for regular checks or servicing.

 

For complete safety of all occupants Flame Heating recommends fitting of a carbon

monoxide detector in all rooms containing gas boilers, warm air heaters or fires.      

 

IS  YOUR  GAS  APPLIANCE  SAFE?

When did you last have it serviced?

 

DO YOU HAVE THE CORRECT VENTILATION?

TO ARRANGE A SAFETY CHECK OR LANDLORDS CERTIFICATE CONTACT

 

FLAME HEATING On 0783 66 66 952 / 01582 595215 / flameheating@aol.com

  • Facebook Social Icon